1. Dasta JF, Kane-Gill SL, Durtschi AJ, Pathak DS, Kellum JA. Costs and outcomes of acute kidney injury (AKI) following cardiac surgery. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008; 23:1970-4.
2. Yehia M, Collins JF, Beca J. Acute renal failure in patients with pre-existing renal dysfunction following coronary artery bypass grafting. Nephrology (Carlton). 2005; 10:541-3.
3. Mangano CM, Diamondstone LS, Ramsay JG, Aggarwal A, Herskowitz A, Mangano DT. Renal dysfunction after myocardial revascularization: risk factors, adverse outcomes, and hospital resource utilization. The Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia Research Group. Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128:194-203.
4. Ostermann ME, Taube D, Morgan CJ, Evans TW. Acute renal failure following cardiopulmonary bypass: a changing picture. Intensive Care Med. 2000; 26:565-71.
5. Bahar I, Akgul A, Ozatik MA, Vural KM, Demirbag AE, Boran M, et al. Acute renal failure following open heart surgery: risk factors and prognosis. Perfusion. 2005; 20:317-22.
6- Landoni G, Zangrillo A, Franco A, Aletti G, Roberti A, Calabro MG, et al. Long-term outcome of patients who require renal replacement therapy after cardiac surgery. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2006; 23:17-22.
7. Bove T, Monaco F, Covello RD, Zangrillo A. Acute renal failure and cardiac surgery. HSR Proc Intensive Care Cardiovasc Anesth. 2009; 1:13-21.
8. Mehta RL, Kellum JA, Shah SV, Molitoris BA, Ronco C, Warnock DG, et al. Acute Kidney Injury Network: report of an initiative to improve
Outcomes in acute kidney injury. Crit Care. 2007; 11:R31.
9. Bellomo R, Ronco C, Kellum JA, Mehta RL, Palevsky P; Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative workgroup. Acute renal failure-definition, outcome measures, animal models, fluid therapy and information technology needs: the Second International Consensus Conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Group. Crit Care. 2004; 8:R204-12.
10. Smith MN, Best D, Sheppard SV, Smith DC. The effect of mannitol on renal function after cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with established renal dysfunction. Anaesthesia. 2008; 63:701-4.
11. Long DM, Jenkins E, Griffith K. Perfusionist techniques of reducing acute kidney injury following cardiopulmonary bypass : an evidence-based review. Perfusion. 2015; 30:25-32.
12. Ruf B, Bonelli V, Balling G, Hörer J, Nagdyman N, Braun SL, et al. Intraoperative renal near infrared spectroscopy indicates developing acute kidney injury in infants undergoing cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass- a case control study. Crit Care. 2015; 19:27.
13. Berens RJ, Stuth EA, Robertson FA, Jaquiss RD, Hoffman GM, Cava JR, et al. Near infrared spectroscopy monitoring during pediatric aortic coarctation repair. Pediatric Anesthesia. 2006; 16:777-81.
14. Fenton KN, Freeman K, Glogowski K, Fogg S, Duncan KF. The significance of baseline cerebral oxygen saturation in children undergoing congenital heart surgery. Am J Surg. 2005; 190:260-3