1. Flenley DC. Sleep in chronic obstructive lung disease. Clin Chest Med. 1985; 6:651-61.
2. Weitzenblum E, Chaouat A, Kessler R, Canuet M. Overlap syndrome: obstructive sleep apnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2008; 5:237-41.
3. Ezzie ME, Parsons JP, Mastronarde JG. Sleep and obstructive lung diseases. Sleep Med Clin. 2008; 3:505-15.
4. Owens RL, Malhotra A. Sleep-disordered breathing and COPD: the overlap syndrome. Respir Care. 2010; 55:1333-44.
5. Unnikrishnan D, Jun J, Polotsky V. Inflammation in sleep apnea: an update. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2015; 16:25-34.
6. Wang Y, Hu K, Liu K, Li Z, Yang J, Dong Y, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea exacerbates airway inflammation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Sleep Med. 2015; 16:1123-30.
7. Stanchina ML, Welicky LM, Donat W, Lee D, Corrao W, Malhotra A. Impact of CPAP use and age on mortality in patients with combined COPD and obstructive sleep apnea:the overlap syndrome. J Clin Sleep Med. 2013; 9:767-72.
8. Mieczkowski B, Ezzie ME. Update on obstructive sleep apnea and its relation to COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2014; 9:349-62.
9. Rezaeetalab F, Rezaeitalab F, Dehestani V. Inhaled steroids reduce apnea-hypopnea index in overlap syndrome. Pneumologia. 2013; 62:212-4.
10. Franklin KA, Lindberg E. Obstructive sleep apnea is a common disorder in the population-a review on the epidemiology of sleep apnea. J Thorac Dis. 2015; 7(8):1311-22.
11. Boostani R, Rezaeitalab F, Pourmokhtari B, Ghahremani A. Sleep apnea headaches. Rev Clin Med. 2016; 3:1-3.
12. Ghandeharioun H, Rezaeitalab F, Lotfi R. Accurate estimation of obstructive sleep apnea severity using non-polysomnographic features for home-based screening. Iran J Public Health. 2015; 44:1433-5.
13. Epstein LJ, Kristo D, Strollo PJ Jr, Friedman N, Malhotra A, Patil SP, et al. Clinical guideline for the evaluation, management and long-term care of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. J Clin Sleep Med. 2009; 5:263-76.
14. Young T, Skatrud J, Peppard PE. Risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea in adults. JAMA. 2004; 291:2013-6.
15. Rezaeitalab F, Moharrari F, Saberi S, Asadpour H, Rezaeetalab F. The correlation of anxiety and depression with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. J Res Med Sci. 2014; 19:205-10.
16. Hillas G, Perlikos F, Tsiligianni I, Tzanakis N. Managing comorbidities in COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2015; 10:95-109.
17. Sullivan SD, Ramsey SD, Lee TA. The economic burden of COPD. Chest. 2000; 117:5S-9.
18. Halbert RJ, Natoli JL, Gano A, Badamgarav E, Buist AS, Mannino DM. Global burden of COPD: systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur Respir J. 2006; 28:523-32.
19. Melville AM, Pless-Mulloli T, Afolabi OA, Stenton SC. COPD prevalence and its association with occupational exposures in a general population. Eur Respir J. 2010; 36:488-93.
20. Rabe KF, Hurd S, Anzueto A, Barnes PJ, Buist SA, Calverley P, et al. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: GOLD executive summary. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007; 176:532-55.
21. Decramer M, Agusti AG, Frith P, Halpin D, Bourbeau J, Jones P, et al. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of COPD. New York: Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, Inc; 2015.
22. Miravitlles M, Soler-Cataluña JJ, Calle M, Molina J, Almagro P, Quintano JA, et al. A new approach to grading and treating COPD based on clinical phenotypes: summary of the Spanish COPD guidelines (GesEPOC). Prim Care Respir J. 2013; 22:117-21.
23. Scano G, Spinelli A, Duranti R, Gorini M, Gigliotti F, Goti P, et al. Carbon dioxide responsiveness in COPD patients with and without chronic hypercapnia. Eur Respir J. 1995; 8:78-85.
24. Warwick E, Scourfield A, Quint J. Systemic manifestations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2015; 76:324-9.
25. Engelen MP, Schols AM, Does JD, Wouters EF. Skeletal muscle weakness is associated with wasting of extremity fat-free mass but not with airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000; 71:733-8.
26. Shujaat A, Minkin R, Eden E. Pulmonary hypertension and chronic cor pulmonale in COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2007; 2:273-82.
27. Sin DD, Man SF. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as a risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2005; 2:8-11.
28. Soler X, Diaz-Piedra C, Ries AL. Pulmonary rehabilitation improves sleep quality in chronic lung disease. COPD. 2013; 10:156-63.
29. Boysen PG, Block AJ, Wynne JW, Hunt LA, Flick MR. Nocturnal pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Chest. 1979; 76:536-42.
30. Pitta F, Troosters T, Spruit MA, Probst VS, Decramer M, Gosselink R. Characteristics of physical activities in daily life in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171:972-7.
31. Epstein LJ, Kristo D, Strollo PJ Jr, Friedman N, Malhotra A, Patil SP, et al. Adult obstructive sleep apnea task force of the American academy of sleep medicine. Clinical guideline for the evaluation, management and long-term care of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. J Clin Sleep Med. 2009; 5:263-76.
32. Bednarek M. The overlap syndrome of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnoea. Pneumonol Alergol Pol. 2011; 79:67-9.
33. Hiestand D, Phillips B. The overlap syndrome: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea. Crit Care Clin. 2008; 24:551-63.
34. O'Brien A, Whitman K. Lack of benefit of continuous positive airway pressure on lung function in patients with overlap syndrome. Lung. 2005; 183:389-404.
35. Resta O, Foschino Barbaro MP, Bonfitto P, Talamo S, Mastrosimone V, Stefano A, et al. Hypercapnia in obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. Neth J Med. 2000; 56:215-22.
36. Chaouat A, Weitzenblum E, Krieger J, Ifoundza T, Oswald M, Kessler R. Association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and sleep apnea syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1995; 151:82-6.
37. Sanders MH, Newman AB, Haggerty CL, Redline S, Lebowitz M, Samet J, et al. Sleep and sleep-disordered breathing in adults with predominantly mild obstructive airway disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 167:7-14.
38. Chaouat A, Weitzenblum E, Krieger J, Sforza E, Hammad H, Oswald M, et al. Prognostic value of lung function and pulmonary haemodynamics in OSA patients treated with CPAP. Eur Respir J. 1999; 13:1091-6.
39.Marin JM, Soriano JB, Carrizo SJ, Boldova A, Celli BR. Outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: the overlap syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 182:325-31.
40. Brander PE, Kuitunen T, Salmi T, Partinen M. Nocturnal oxygen saturation in advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease after a moderate dose of ethanol. Eur Respir J. 1992; 5:308-12.
41. Kim V, Han MK, Vance GB, Make BJ, Newell JD, Hokanson JE, et al. The chronic bronchitic phenotype of COPD: an analysis of the COPDGene study. Chest. 2011; 140:626-33.
42. Tusiewicz K, Moldofsky H, Bryan AC, Bryan MH. Mechanics of the rib cage and diaphragm during sleep. J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol. 1977; 43:600-2.
43. Douglas NJ, White DP, Pickett CK, Weil JV, Zwillich CW. Respiration during sleep in normal man. Thorax. 1982; 37:840-4.
44. White DP, Weil JV, Zwillich CW. Metabolic rate and breathing during sleep. J Appl Physiol. 1985; 59:384-91.
45. Meurice JC, Marc I, Sériès F. Influence of sleep on ventilatory and upper airway response to CO2 in normal subjects and patients with COPD. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1995; 152:1620-6.
46. Johnson MW, Remmers JE. Accessory muscle activity during sleep in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol. 1984; 57:1011-7.
47. Hudgel DW, Devadatta P. Decrease in functional residual capacity during sleep in normal humans. J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol. 1984; 57:1319-22.
48. Shepard JW Jr. Gas exchange and hemodynamics during sleep. Med Clin North Am. 1985; 69:1243-64.
49. Midgren B, Hansson L. Changes in transcutaneous PCO2 with sleep in normal subjects and in patients with chronic respiratory diseases. Eur J Respir Dis. 1987; 71:388-94.
50. Lacedonia D, Carpagnano GE, Aliani M, Sabato R, Foschino Barbaro MP, Spanevello A, et al. Daytime PaO2 in OSAS, COPD and the combination of the two (overlap syndrome). Respir Med. 2013; 107:310-6.
51. Celli BR, Cote CG, Marin JM, Casanova C, Montes de Oca M, Mendez RA, et al. The body-mass index, airflow obstruction, dyspnea, and exercise capacity index in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N Engl J Med. 2004; 350:1005-12.
52. Rezaeetalab F, Mirsadraee M, Dehestani V, Rezaeitalab F, Asadpour H, Akhlaghi S. Evaluation of relationship between apnea-hypopnea index and body mass index in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease pulmonary disease research center-Mashhad university of medical sciences. Med J Mashhad Univ Med Sci. 2012; 55:41-5.
53. Bednarek M, Plywaczewski R, Jonczak L, Zielinski J. There is no relationship between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: a population study. Respiration. 2005; 72:142-9.
54. Shiina K, Tomiyama H, Takata Y, Yoshida M, Kato K, Nishihata Y, et al. Overlap syndrome: additive effects of COPD on the cardiovascular damages in patients with OSA. Respir Med. 2012; 106:1335-41.
55. Turcani P, Skrickova J, Pavlik T, Janousova E, Orban M. The prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea in patients hospitalized for COPD exacerbation. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2015; 159:422-8.
56. Zamarrón C, García Paz V, Morete E, del Campo Matías F. Association of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea consequences. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2008; 3:671-82.
57. Schwab RJ, Pasirstein M, Kaplan L, Pierson R, Mackley A, Hachadoorian R, et al. Family aggregation of upper airway soft tissue structures in normal subjects and patients with sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006; 173:453-63.
58. Villaneuva AT, Buchanan PR, Yee BJ, Grunstein RR. Ethnicity and obstructive sleep apnoea. Sleep Med Rev. 2005; 9:419-36.
59. Greenberg-Dotan S, Reuveni H, Tal A, Oksenberg A, Cohen A, Shaya FT, et al. Increased prevalence of obstructive lung disease in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath. 2014; 18:69-75.
60. Phillipson EA. Control of breathing during sleep. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1978; 118:909-39.
61. Ballard RD, Clover CW, Suh BY. Influence of sleep on respiratory function in emphysema. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1995; 151:945-51.
62. Berthon-Jones M, Sullivan CE. Ventilatory and arousal responses to hypoxia in sleeping humans. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1982; 125:632-9.
63. Gothe B, Goldman MD, Cherniack NS, Mantey P. Effect of progressive hypoxia on breathing during sleep. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1982; 126:97-102.
64. Hedemark LL, Kronenberg RS. Ventilatory and heart rate responses to hypoxia and hypercapnia during sleep in adults. J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol. 1982; 53:307-12.
65. Becker HF, Piper AJ, Flynn WE, McNamara SG, Grunstein RR, Peter JH, et al. Breathing during sleep in patients with nocturnal desaturation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999; 159:112-8.
66. McNicholas WT. Impact of sleep in respiratory failure. Eur Respir J. 1997; 10:920-33.
67. Kent BD, McNicholas WT, Verbraecken J. Disturbed sleep and COPD outcomes: cart meets horse. Sleep Med. 2012; 13:453-4.
68. Kwon JS, Wolfe LF, Lu BS, Kalhan R. Hyperinflation is associated with lower sleep efficiency in COPD with co-existent obstructive sleep apnea. COPD. 2009; 6:441-5.
69. McNicholas WT. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: overlaps in pathophysiology, systemic inflammation, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180:692-700.
70. Redolfi S, Yumino D, Ruttanaumpawan P, Yau B, Su MC, Lam J, et al. Relationship between overnight rostral fluid shift and Obstructive Sleep Apnea in nonobese men. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 179:241-6.
71. Punjabi NM. The epidemiology of adult obstructive sleep apnea. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2008; 5:136-43.
72. Carlson JT, Hedner J, Elam M, Ejnell H, Sellgren J, Wallin BG. Augmented resting sympathetic activity in awake patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 1993; 103:1763-8.
73. Nieto FJ, Young TB, Lind BK, Shahar E, Samet JM, Redline S, et al. Association of sleep-disordered breathing, sleep apnea, and hypertension in a large community-based study. Sleep Heart Health Study. JAMA. 2000; 283:1829-36.
74. Kohler M, Craig S, Nicoll D, Leeson P, Davies RJ, Stradling JR. Endothelial function and arterial stiffness in minimally symptomatic obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 178:984-8.
75. Jelic S. Diagnostic and therapeutic approach to coexistent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2008; 3:269-75.
76. Peppard PE, Young T, Palta M, Skatrud J. Prospective study of the association between sleep-disordered breathing and hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2000; 342:1378-84.
77. He J, Kryger MH, Zorick FJ, Conway W, Roth T. Mortality and apnea index in obstructive sleep apnea. Experience in 385 male patients. Chest. 1988, 94:9-14.
78. Yaggi HK, Concato J, Kernan WN, Lichtman JH, Brass LM, Mohsenin V. Obstructive sleep apnea as a risk factor for stroke and death. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353:2034-41.
79. Krieger J, Sforza E, Apprill M, Lampert E, Weitzenblum E, Ratomaharo J. Pulmonary hypertension, hypoxemia, and hypercapnia in obstructive sleep apnea patients. Chest. 1989; 96:729-37.
80. Sajkov D, Cowie RJ, Thornton AT, Espinoza HA, McEvoy RD. Pulmonary hypertension and hypoxemia in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1994; 149:416-22.
81. Peppard PE, Ward NR, Morrell MJ. The impact of obesity on oxygen desaturation during sleep-disordered breathing. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 180:788-93.
82. Farmery AD, Roe PG. A model to describe the rate of oxyhaemoglobin desaturation during apnoea. Br J Anaesth. 1996; 76:284-91.
83. Lévy P, Tamisier R, Minville C, Launois S, Pépin JL. Sleep apnoea syndrome in 2011: current concepts and future directions. Eur Respir Rev. 2011; 20:134-46
84. Shamsuzzaman AS, Winnicki M, Lanfranchi P, Wolk R, Kara T, Accurso V, et al. Elevated C-reactive protein in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Circulation. 2002; 105:2462-4.
85. Sassani A, Findley LJ, Kryger M, Goldlust E, George C, Davidson TM. Reducing motor-vehicle collisions, costs, and fatalities by treating obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep. 2004; 27:453-8.
86. Kessler R, Chaouat A, Weitzenblum E, Oswald M, Ehrhart M, Apprill M, et al. Pulmonary hypertension in the obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome: prevalence, causes and therapeutic consequences. Eur Respir J. 1996; 9:787-94.
87. Safar ME, Levy BI, Struijker-Boudier H. Current perspectives on arterial stiffness and pulse pressure in hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. Circulation. 2003; 107:2864-9.
88. Tomiyama H, Yamashina A. Non-invasive vascular function tests: their pathophysiological background and clinical application. Circ J. 2010; 74:24-33.
89. Marin JM, Carrizo SJ, Vicente E, Agusti AG. Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational study. Lancet. 2005; 365:1046-53.
90. Olmetti F, La Rovere MT, Robbi E, Taurino AE, Fanfulla F. Nocturnal cardiac arrhythmia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Med. 2008; 9:475-80.
91. Theerakittikul T, Hatipoğlu U, Aboussouan LS. Hyperinflation on chest radiograph as a marker of low adherence to positive airway pressure therapy in the overlap syndrome. Respir Care. 2014; 59:1267-74.
92. Holmedahl NH, Øverland B, Fondenes O, Ellingsen I, Hardie JA. Sleep hypoventilation and daytime hypercapnia in stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2014; 27:265-75.
93. Wang D, Piper AJ, Yee BJ, Wong KK, Kim JW, D'Rozario A, et al. Hypercapnia is a key correlate of EEG activation and daytime sleepiness in hypercapnic sleep disordered breathing patients. J Clin Sleep Med. 2014; 10:517-22.
94. Sharma B, Neilan TG, Kwong RY, Mandry D, Owens RL, McSharry D, et al. Evaluation of right ventricular remodeling using cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in co-existent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea. COPD. 2013; 10:4-10.
95. Ramsey R, Mehra R, Strohl KP. Variations in physician interpretation of overnight pulse oximetry monitoring. Chest. 2007; 132:852-9.
96. Scott AS, Baltzan MA, Wolkove N. Examination of pulse oximetry tracings to detect obstructive sleep apnea in patients with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Can Respir J. 2014; 21:171-5.
97. Wang TY, Lo YL, Chou PC, Chung FT, Lin SM, Lin TY, et al. Associated bone mineral density and obstructive sleep apnea in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2015; 10:231-7.
98.Tuomilehto HP, Seppä JM, Partinen MM, Peltonen M, Gylling H, Tuomilehto JO, et al. Lifestyle intervention with weight reduction: first-line treatment in mild obstructive sleep apnea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 179:320-7.
99. Johansson K, Neovius M, Lagerros YT, Harlid R, Rössner S, Granath F, et al. Effect of a very low energy diet on moderate and severe obstructive sleep apnoea in obese men: a randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2009; 339:b4609.
100.Wang TY, Lo YL, Lee KY, Liu WT, Lin SM, Lin TY, et al. Nocturnal CPAP improves walking capacity in COPD patients with obstructive sleep apnoea. Respir Res. 2013; 14:66.
101. Alsaeedi A, Sin DD, McAlister FA. The effects of inhaled corticosteroids in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Am J Med. 2002; 113:59-65.
102. Ryan S, Doherty LS, Rock C, Nolan GM, McNicholas WT. Effects of salmeterol on sleeping oxygen saturation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiration. 2010; 79:475-81.
103. Sposato B, Mariotta S, Palmiero G, Ricci A, Gencarelli G, Franco C. Oral corticosteroids can improve nocturnal isolated hypoxemia in stable COPD patients with diurnal PaO2 > 60 mmHg. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2007; 11:365-72.
104. McNicholas WT, Verbraecken J, Marin JM. Sleep disorders in COPD: the forgotten dimension. Eur Respir Rev. 2013; 22:365-75.
105. Calverley PM, Brezinova V, Douglas NJ, Catterall JR, Flenley DC. The effect of oxygenation on sleep quality in chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1982; 126:206-10.
106. Fletcher EC, Schaaf JW, Miller J, Fletcher JG. Long-term cardiopulmonary sequelae in patients with sleep apnea and chronic lung disease. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1987; 135:525-33.
107. Alford NJ, Fletcher EC, Nickeson D. Acute oxygen in patients with sleep apnea and COPD. Chest. 1986; 89:30-8.
108. Robert D, Argaud L. Noninvasive positive ventilation in the treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders. Handb Clin Neuro. 2011; 98:459-69.
109. Kushida CA, Chediak A, Berry RB, Brown LK, Gozal D, Iber C, et al. Clinical guidelines for the manual titration of positive airway pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Sleep Med. 2008; 4:157-71.
110. Schönhofer B, Kuhlen R, Neumann P, Westhoff M, Berndt C, Sitter H. Non-invasive ventilation as treatment for acute respiratory insufficiency. Essentials from the new S3 guidelines. Anaesthesist. 2008; 57:1091-102.
111. Nural S, Günay E, Halici B, Celik S, Ünlü M. Inflammatory processes and effects of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in overlap syndrome. Inflammation. 2013; 36:66-74.
112. Soler X, Gaio E, Powell FL, Ramsdell JW, Loredo JS, Malhotra A, et al. High prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea in patients with moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015; 12:1219-25.
113 de Miguel J, Cabello J, Sánchez-Alarcos JM, Alvarez-Sala R, Espinós D, Alvarez-Sala JL. Long-term effects of treatment with nasal continuous positive airway pressure on lung function in patients with overlap syndrome. Sleep Breath. 2002; 6:3-10.
114. Stanchina ML, Welicky LM, Donat W, Lee D, Corrao W, Malhotra A. Impact of CPAP use and age on mortality in patients with combined COPD and obstructive sleep apnea: the overlap syndrome. J Clin Sleep Med. 2013; 9:767-72.
115. Campos-Rodriguez F, Perez-Ronchel J, Grilo-Reina A, Lima-Alvarez J, Benitez MA, Almeida-Gonzalez C. Long-term effect of continuous positive airway pressure on BP in patients with hypertension and sleep apnea. Chest. 2007; 132:1847-52.
116. Morgenthaler T, Aurora RN, Brown T, Zak R, Alessi C, Boehlecke B, et al. Practice parameters for the use of autotitrating continuous positive airway pressure devices for titrating pressures and treating adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: an update for 2007. An American Academy of Sleep Medicine report. Sleep. 2008; 31:141-7.
117. Robert D, Argaud L. Non-invasive positive ventilation in the treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders. Sleep Med. 2007; 8:441-52.
118.McEvoy RD, Pierce RJ, Hillman D, Esterman A, Ellis EE, Catcheside PG, et al. Nocturnal non-invasive nasal ventilation in stable hypercapnic COPD: a randomised controlled trial. Thorax. 2009; 64:561-6.
119. Elliott MW. Non-invasive ventilation during sleep: time to define new tools in the systematic evaluation of the technique. Thorax. 2011; 66:82-4.
120. Nicolini A, Banfi P, Grecchi B, Lax A, Walterspacher S, Barlascini C, et al. Non-invasive ventilation in the treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders: a review and update. Rev Port Pneumol. 2014; 20:324-35.
121. Kakkar RK, Berry RB. Positive airway pressure treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 2007; 132:1057-72.
122. Ghandeharioun H, Rezaeitalab F, Lotfi R. Accurate methods for home-based diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea: a review. Rev Clin Med. 2016; 3:8-12.